Monday, October 27, 2008

Cheerleader Savannah


During all of the craziness of the boy’s practice and football games, I signed Savannah up for a cheerleading camp. Our neighbor Haylee, is a cheerleader at the high school, and invited Savannah to do the camp as a fundraiser for the cheer program. The first day was really rough, but we met some great people. Carlie and Heather. This made all the difference in the world. The girls learned a couple of cheers and a dance routine. Savannah was thrilled when the cheerleaders told them they were dancing/ cheering to "Kiss the girl" (one of Savannah's favorite songs). The camp lasted three days. They practiced for two days and preformed at the high school football game during half time. The stands were filled that night with parents, highschoolers and kids. I forgot how crazy it gets at the games, a lot of shoving and pushing to get where you needed to be. UGH! But the girls did such a great job on their performance. I managed to get it taped, but since my camera is broken I didn't get any pictures. Alas, Heather took some pictures for me and emailed them to me. Thanks so much Heather!!

Gillis Girls

Carlie

3 comments:

Heather said...

We had so much fun too!!

Rebecca said...

How fun! (Even through all the craziness!) :)

Christy said...

Oh, Abby would have loved that! I just found out about it too late so we didn't do it. You'll have to tell me if you do it next year.