Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh MY!!!

Yesterday I was helping Savannah get ready for school and me ready for work. I notice that her bangs are getting really long and were getting in her eyes. So I sat her on the counter and had her hold the garbage can under her face to catch the falling hair. I took out my scissors and trimmed her bangs. I remember saying firmly to her that she in not allow to cut her hair only Mommy or Bonnie our hairdresser. She agreed and said "Okay Mommy". We had a normal day she went to school and I went to work. Later that night I asked her to get ready for a shower. She did what I asked her and I met her in the bathroom. I told her to look up so I could take out her hair. I looked down and this is what I found. WHAT ?!? Where did the other half of your bangs go??? She was in her room for like 5 minutes. I asked her where the scissors were. She immediately started crying because she knew she was busted. I said didn't I just say this morning not to cut your hair. Yes mommy she sobs. She asked me to glue her hair back on. I told her we couldn’t do that. I told her that we would have to call Bonnie and have her cut the rest of her hair off. Just like a boy haircut. She freaked out. No mommy I don't want boy hair.....I like my hair. I then asked her why she cut it? Typical 4-year-old response I don't know...

I was really upset. I love her hair. It's so shiny, straight and thick. I on the other hand have half curly wild 80's rocker hair. Okay only when I let it air dry. So now I am left with dreaming up new ways to camouflage her hair. Any one have any ideas?




Attempting to camouflage...



Disastrous!!! Notice she's frowning....









Her before normal bang's pic:











6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh NO! (She's still adorable!) You did a good job hiding it with the headband. I don't have any ideas... never been very good with hair.

Lissa said...

OH MY! Why can't you just glue her hair back on like she suggested?

Are they long enough to pull back into a french braid(starting right at the top of her forehead)? I don't know! She might just be sportin' some new and fun headbands, everyday! She is too cute!

Lissa said...

Hey, I just followed a link from another blog to this blog:

shedoeshair.blogspot.com

This lady has a ton of different ideas for girls hair, maybe she has something that might help.

Olivia said...

oh darn it! kids and scissors are not a good combo!!!

The shedoeshair blog? She's a friend of mine!

Lindsay said...

Can't wait for something like that to happen at my house! You could always try the combover look! Part the bangs on the other side and try to get a chunky reese witherspoon bangs kind of look. I even looked up a pix of them for ya. I don't know if it will work though. Good luck!

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=4926764&owner=chainreaction

Linz

samlyndseyfalkner said...

LOL!!!! When I saw these pictures I actually laughed out loud! Gotta love kiddies huh?? How sad for you though!! I have been there, and I cried.