Monday, December 8, 2008

Manner Candles




Jim and I decided to start manner candles for the kids. The idea comes from the Walker side. The basic concept is each child has their own candle stick. At each dinner meal we light the candle, they are to chew with their mouths closed, have no elbows on the table, say their please's and thank you's and talk in an appropriate manner. If they make it through dinner without having bad manners their candle stay lit. If they have a slip up their candle is blown out. But when they are done with their dinner, they asked to be excused and blow out their candle. We told them who ever has the smallest candles in two weeks wins an awesome prize. We will see how it works out.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah, I remember that from Bud and Kris. I need to try that. Can't wait to see who "wins"! (And what the cool prize it!)

Jen & Johnny said...

I totally forgot about that~ we did that when we were younger!! Thanks for the reminder!! How much fun!!! I can't wait to see the outcome!! Who is going to win!!!??????

Lissa said...

I'm glad someone can feel me in on Walker family traditions. Dan seems to have a short term memory.

Lissa said...

What I meant was...Im glad someone can FILL me in! Im an idiot

Mindy said...

That is a great idea!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

LOL!!! That is awesome! You will have to keep us posted on how it works.