Sunday, March 30, 2008

Welcome to the jungle of boys



We had a fun weekend with the Walker family. Friday Mike and Cathy DeMie were sealed to Joey and Casey. Two brothers they adopted a few months earlier. Later that evening we met at Mike and Cathy's for snacks. The boys thought it would be fun to invite their cousins to for a sleep over at our house. Well all the parents agreed and we packed up the boys. I really didn't fully know what I was getting myself into. I got into the car and it reeked of boy sweat. I had to roll my window down. Keep in mind it is still really cold at night. About half way home Jim told the boys they were going to play the quiet game. They were getting really wild. Jim told them if they were good he would buy them a candy bar at the gas station. Well they were good and we stopped at the gas station. I stayed in the car as they went in. They boys held open the door for the ladies. I thought well that was nice. I could see that the boys said something to the girl who worked there. Later I found out they were cat calling to her. What!! The oldest is only 12. Sigh...They stayed up till 7:00am. That's right morning.... All in all they boys had a fun time. I caught some pictures of the boys playing guitar hero.

Savannah stayed over at Brynlee’s house the same night. Chrisee told me that the girls stayed up until 2:00am.

All I can say is that the Walker gene is alive and well. (Walkers like to stay up late.) The picture of the girls is funny because of the fact Savannah stayed up so late she was a little crabby.











3 comments:

Rebecca said...

7 AM?!?!?! Well I guess we'll be doing that with Connor, Joey, and Aden in a few years! LOL

Lissa said...

Holy cow, better your house than mine. What troopers you and Jim are! There really is some kind of funky gene in those Walkers that makes them night owls. I am hopeful it wasn't passed on to my son, unless he is sleeping over at a cousins house(wink).

Libby said...

I can't believe your kids are getting so big! It made me laugh about the sweat thing, I had to open some windows the other day.
We have a blog too! We are at
hawaiifive-o.blogspot.com. Keep in touch! You'll need to come visit, we'd love to have you!