Monday, February 4, 2008

Ground Hogs Day!


This year I thought it would be fun to have a groundhog's day dinner. Since groundhogs day landed on a Saturday this year, I gathered the kids around the computer to see what the prediction would be. Well Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. So another 6 weeks of winter..GRRR. Since I wasn't very happy with the news I started to think about dinner. I told the kids I was mad at the groundhog and decided to go groundhog hunting....the meat in the crock-pot is groundhog meat. (aka pork roast) For most of the day they really thought it was a groundhog they were going to eat for dinner. They got a kick out of it. I had some fun activities for the kids to do while dinner was cooking. We had a good time and a yummy dinner even if it wasn't really groundhog's meat.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a fun idea! Looks like the kids enjoyed it. I'll have to remember that one. :)