Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween


I am so excited that Halloween was on Saturday this year. For one thing I didn't feel like a chicken with its head cut off...running from one thing to the next. Trying to race across town to get home in time to trick or treat. This year was very relaxed. I decided that I wanted to make a fun/spooky dinner. I made eyeball soup. I used whole green olives for the eyeballs. It was in taco soup so, I told the kids the corn were werewolf teeth along with zombie brains. We had breadstick witch fingers and candy corn delight. It was different puddings. Carmel, Vanilla dyed yellow and whip cream topping. It was yummy!! They boys went trick-r-treating with their friends and had a blast. They came home with quite the bounty. Savannah went with the Levitres (Sammy and Grant) her Dad and Randy. I got to stay home and pass out candy. Later that night we went to a Halloween party at the Jaffa's. The older kids made a haunted house and had all of the neighborhood kids and the parent to go through. It was pretty scary. It was a fun night. I do like Halloween because the kids can make believe into whatever they want. I love to see their imaginations at work.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Great costumes! Love the pics of your family out East, too. You've been busy!