Friday, February 20, 2009

Surprise!!

Today is my Mom's birthday! She is 60 years young. My Dad and I planned a surprise party for her. Well okay my Dad planned the majority of it. I just helped. It turned out so awesome. It was really hard to keep the secret from her. I called her earlier today and asked her what kind of cake she wanted and that I was going to have everyone get together at my house. I called her later and told her that I just got off the phone with my Dad and told her we were going out to dinner and that I would see her later. Connie a good family friend called her and wished her Happy Birthday and that she would come and see her tomorrow since she was tending her grandkids. This was the cherry on top because my Mom was totally caught off guard. She thought for sure if there was to be a party Connie would be there. Nice work Connie!! Anyhow were all got there 15 minutes early and waited for her. My parents arrived and Mom true to form was totally oblivious. She walked towards the table and several people waived to her and she didn't see them. As so got closer to me I shouted out Surprise. Her face was in totally shock. As we finished our meal my Dad had a singer serenade her. He sang Happy Birthday in Italian. We then ate our dessert. I really think that see enjoyed herself. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is so sweet!