Monday, January 28, 2008

Beloved Prophet

Much to our surprise our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away yesterday evening. As we thought of how we were going to tell our children of the news. My thoughts turned to the glorious celebration he and his wife must be having. He often spoke of her and their love they shared. It was an awesome example of unconditional love. Our prophet served an outstanding 13 years. He had more enthusiasm and vigor that people half his age. I loved his humor and the way he treated all people he met. He was known as the people's president. He truly was.


We pulled each of the kids aside and told them the news. Our youngest Savannah looked at me and said "Mom, Jesus told me he loved him very much." I told her she was right, and that Jesus love us very much and will make sure the next prophet is a great example. Gordon B. Hinckley will truly be missed.

No comments: